Tuesday 4 March 2014

Three lakes, two wheels

Another trip out on the bike, the dog will be thinking I've fell out with him. A circuit of Loweswater, Crummock Water & Buttermere starting from Hause Point... 

Early morning at Hause point...



pit stop...

rounding Loweswater...

cloud lifting off Grasmoor...

between Mellbreak & Hen Comb...

first glimpse of Buttermere...

Rannerdale Knotts over Crummock Water...

looking up Buttermere to Fleetwith Pike...

and Fleetwith Pike a little nearer...

crepsecular rays in Warnscale Bottom...

just a quick blast back along the road to Hause Point, stopping off at Syke Farm for an ice cream...


View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. Bet that bit at the back of Melbreak was wet! Nice idea for a route and lovely photos - like the one of Loweswater best and the one of Fleetwith Pike in the sun :-)
    Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wet - as normal :) I can't take the credit for the route - I was taken around it in my teens by my dad - but I think it may have originally appeared in a guide book.

    Cheers Simon

    ReplyDelete