Friday 24 January 2014

Skiddaw & Latrigg - A wintry dash up & down

This morning's forecast wasn't great but with a fresh drop of snow (sadly lacking this year) I thought I'd have a quick dash up from Gale Road. If time allowed I'd visit Skiddaw Little Man & Lonscale Pike on the way back down. Surprisingly it was better than predicted.

A pleasant morning by the Hawell Monument...




although I wasn't expecting a view...

the weather wasn't too bad up Thirlmere...

the sun was trying to make an appearance over Clough Head & the Dodds...

even Borrowdale didn't look too bad...

but visibilty was pretty low by the first gate, not much snow this year...

not much too see...

the second gate was frozen shut...

rough at the top, being blasted by driven spin drift...

the dog sat down in protest...

he didn't seem to be enjoying it...

not as much as me...

as I was still getting the cold shoulder from the dog, I didn't cross over Little Man...

or take the diversion to Lonscale Pike, views not as good on the descent...

defrosted, he seemed happy enough to have a quick climb up Latrigg...

murky down Thirlmere...

& down Derwentwater...

too chilly to sit & admire the view...

No comments:

Post a Comment