Thursday 14 November 2013

A quick dash up Gummer's How

Had to be in Windermere this morning so thought I'd take advantage with an opportunist Marilyn & Wainwright Outlier - managed to sneak my usual walking partner along too :)

I started from the Forestry Commission car park so the car did most of the work. Very easy going on a good path although I had a look at picking off the Birkett of Birch Fell but with hindsight should have brought my boots as it was wet & boggy  so didn't bother. Good views and a worthwhile short climb although not worth making a long trip for by itself.

Not much going on beside Windermere...



good path...

short climb...

views open up once clear of the trees...

final climb...

trig...


view up Windermere...

passed this fella on the path, my mouth started to water thinking about Yorkshire Puds & Horseradish Sauce - must be nearly dinner time :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment